About Corbett Barr and We Make the Rules
This is where I think out loud about doing work that matters and what it means to live a fulfilling life.
Get Updates & Connect
- Email updates – signup here and I'll send you my weekly email of useful links for people interested in lifestyle businesses and independent entrepreneurship.
- RSS feed updates – get all the latest post headlines with your favorite feed reader (Feedly is my favorite).
- Or, connect on Twitter or Facebook. Be sure you say hello!
- Fizzle – Learn how to build a small independent business online. Build something that matters along thousands of entrepreneurs in the Fizzle community.
- The Fizzle Show – The podcast where Chase Reeves, Barrett Brooks and I joke around and get down to business.
- The Sparkline – I've been blogging since early 2009. Most of my best writing ended up here in the archives.
Here are a handful of things I've written that I'm most proud of from around the web:
- Celebrate Small – When you’re small, you’re capable of handcrafted experiences, thoughtful details and careful outcomes.
- Write Epic Shit – Write things that make people think. Inspire people. Change lives. Create value. Blow people away with your usefulness.
- Heavy-Ass Weights – That’s how you measure progress when no one seems to be listening: by the intensity of the work you’re doing, the boundaries you’re stretching, the experiments you’re learning from.
And specifically, for bloggers and people building independent, bootstrapped online businesses:
- Top 10 Mistakes in Starting an Online Business – Every week I talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. I spend time with both complete newbies and seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
- 21 Quick Actions You Can Do Today to Set Your Blog Up for Massive Success – You can read all the blogging advice in the world, but none of it matters unless you take action.
- Money Isn't The Point – What’s the point of goals we work towards, and accomplishments we hold up and celebrate in ourselves and others?
Thanks for reading :)