Corbett's Best of 2011
2011 was an incredible year for me, this site and Insanely Useful Media.
I started blogging here back in 2009 (this site used to be called Free Pursuits). In 2010 I created Think Traffic. In 2011, we launched Traffic School, the Hustle Project, the Million Dollar Blog Project and Expert Enough. Over 640,000 people visited our sites this year.
It was a busy year. Thankfully I didn’t do it all alone. Barron helped me with Traffic School and Caleb joined as Assistant Editor in August.
Business was great last year, but life was even better.
We spent last winter in Mexico and then traveled Europe for two months (Amsterdam, Berlin, Budapest, Croatia and Barcelona). I took a full week off with no Internet and no computer. We also spent time in Sonoma wine country, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. I rafted the White Salmon, fished for steelhead in the Klickitat and surfed Santa Cruz, Ocean Beach, La Ticla and a half dozen other spots on the Pacific Coast.
Jessalyn had three big exhibitions and started an incredible new body of work.
Thanks for following me on this adventure. My life is incredible because of your support. I couldn’t do it without you.
In case you missed some of them, here are my 15 favorite blog posts published here over the past year:
- You Have a Choice
- How Do You Find the Time?
- Your Reality is Negotiable
- Finding Your Life’s Flow
- Startup vs. Lifestyle Business (a Short Comparison from a Guy Who’s Done Both)
- 3 Reasons to Never Take Another Job
- Is Marketing the Scourge of the Internet?
- 10 Things I Learned from Publishing Every Day for 30 Days
- Rewrite the Rules
- The Quest to Be F*cking Awesome
- Decide Already
- A 7-Phase Plan for Total Internet Domination
- Occupy Entrepreneurship
- What Do You Do When Someone Else’s Success Makes You Feel Like Shit?
- The Grand Internet Business Idea that Didn’t Succeed
Here’s to an incredible 2012. Thanks for reading!
Join My Email List
Hi, I’m Corbett Barr. I’ve been writing here since 2009. Join my email list for new articles about supporting yourself doing something you love: