What's Your Biggest Goal for 2015?
I finally finished setting some personal goals for 2015. Between the holidays and moving to Portland, I wasn't sure when I'd find the time, but there was no chance I wanted to start the year without thinking about what I want to accomplish. I'm going to share my goals here, and I'd love to hear what your biggest goal for the year is. Just leave a comment below.
I know setting multiple big goals for the year is one of the 5 common mistakes that cause new habits to fail, but I just can't help myself. There are quite a few areas I want to tackle, and I think I can make progress on all of these if I take these on one or two at a time.
Here are my themes for 2015:
- Make Portland home: I really want to dig into our new hometown and make it ours. We plan to meet as many people as possible and to explore every inch of the city.
- Build my new blog: as I said when I started blogging, I really miss writing and connecting with people through a personal blog. Blogging consistently is a big priority for 2015.
- Grow Fizzle substantially: we grew total members by 49% in 2014. I think we have a shot to accelerate that trend in 2015 and we're already working on several ideas to make it happen.
- Take my Spanish speaking to a new level: My wife and I have been spending winters in Mexico for the past six years. My Spanish hasn't gotten much better since 2009, and it's starting to annoy me. This year I plan to make a breakthrough by enrolling in classes and private tutoring.
- Get back to consistent workouts: this year I really fell off the workout train. I've been lucky to get in 3-4 workouts some months lately, which is just plain dumb. The benefits of working out reach deeply into all areas of life, and I can't afford to sacrifice physical health for anything else.
That's my list. I'm still working on the details of how I'll break down each theme into bite-sized goals and habits. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
What's your biggest goal for 2015? Please share below, I'd love to hear what you're working towards.
Join My Email List
Hi, I’m Corbett Barr. I’ve been writing here since 2009. Join my email list for new articles about supporting yourself doing something you love: